Wednesday, January 12, 2011

happenings













I can't believe it has almost been a month since my last post! We had a wonderful Christmas, getting to spend time with both sides of our family. I commented to Aaron that this year just felt less frantic, like we could really enjoy Christmas and all of its traditions.
Some things I loved about Christmas this year:
-the boys excitement about decorating for Christmas, and how they remembered certain decorations
-trying new traditions (presents for the animals in the form of pinecones covered with peanut butter and birdseed, making dough ornaments with friends, new pajamas on Christmas Eve, and a special "Santa treasure hunt"
-Sunday lunches eating by the candlelight of our advent wreath and talking about the truths of Christmas

We had Christmas day with Aaron's family, and then decided sort of last minute to travel to Oklahoma the next day to spend time with my family. It was totally worth the extra time and energy to be there, and I am so thankful for a husband who worked so hard to make it happen.

I think we have received two updates on little Hope B. since I last posted and she is doing so well. The last picture we got was her with a hint of a smile, and she has some pretty sweet dimples. She is growing well too, and was about 12 pounds almost a month ago. In every description we get, she is described as happy, calm, and sweet. And we will actually get to be with her in 19 days! We leave January 28 and will arrive in Addis the 30th. Our first scheduled visit with her is Monday the 31st. I got all my shots yesterday and have the sore arm and $400 (!) receipt to prove it. I also tried an "emergency no electricity hair style" if and when we don't have electricity when we are there, and let's just say there might be a whole lot of pictures of Aaron from this trip. My hair is annoyingly in need of hair dryers and flat irons.

No comments:

Post a Comment