Monday, April 25, 2011







Things I want to remember about life lately:

1. We started a new chore chart system for Eli and Micah. It's the Dave Ramsey system for kids, and it has been great so far. We thought of chores/jobs they could do each day and receive commissions at the end of the week. Micah's ideas for jobs included 1)putting his coat on before we left anywhere, 2)watching out for the hot oven when I opened the door 3) bringing in firewood during the winter. :) They also receive fines for certain behaviors, which they call "finds."

2. We were having our Bible time before bed a couple of nights ago and read the story of Adam and Eve and how Adam was formed from dust and Eve was formed from Adam's rib. Isaac piped up and said, "Is this my wibbon? (ribbon)", pointing to his chest. :)

3. Last week I had a LEGO day with the boys. We played all morning with LEGOS, which basically consisted of me putting things together for them. My brain literally felt like I had just taken the ACT when we were done, so many little tiny pieces! And all our LEGOS are just in a big bin all mixed together so it takes forever to find what you need. It was fun though, and I realized whenever I don't want to think about adoption stuff, I can just play with LEGOS because when you are building things you can't think about anything else!

4. I think one of the things I have learned so far through this adoption, is how much there is to be thankful for. I also feel like I can more fully appreciate when things are good, because there have been so many hard days.

5. On the way home from church yesterday (Easter), we were talking about how Jesus rose from the grave. Isaac says, "Jesus is not in the tomb, He went to McDonald's and got hangabers (hamburgers) and french fries." Any guesses what Isaac's favorite restaurant is?

No comments:

Post a Comment