Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011




We had another special and fun Easter this year. I decided a little late, that I wanted to make Hot Cross Buns for our family. I have never made them before, and learned you are actually supposed to make them for Good Friday, but we had ours Easter Sunday instead. They were good, although time consuming! Not sure I have really mastered yeast dough either, but I think it was a good first try.
After breakfast we went the our church's early service and then came back home and did the resurrection eggs with the boys. They really got into them, and liked going through each one again and again. After we finished Isaac hid them all for himself, and we had quite the time trying to find them all. :)
We spent lunch with my family, and the boys had their first candy hunt. They seriously look forward so much to going to Chuck and Lydia's and getting lots of candy, and their chocolate bunnies!
After that we spent the evening with Aaron's family, and had another great meal and Easter egg hunt. I was reminded what a precious gift it is to have such wonderful family. We are so blessed to be surrounded by people we love, and have the chance to spend time with them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment